This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This creamy, tangy blue cheese dip is packed with crave-worthy goodness, with smoky bacon, melty cheeses, and a hint of garlic. Get ready to dunk, smear, and devour it all! The perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Hot Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
Tangy, cheesy, creamy, this blue cheese dip has it all. It’s filled with a mixture of fontina, blue cheese, cream cheese, and bacon, all baked to warm, bubbly perfection. Grab your favorite chips, crostini, crackers, you name it, and get snacking!
This baked blue cheese dip is so delicious, everyone will love it. The blue cheese flavor is balanced perfectly with the fontina, cream cheese, garlic, sour cream, and bacon. It’s savory, creamy, and tangy all at once. Make it for your next game day, party, potluck, you name it, and watch it fly off the table.
Each ingredient here creates the absolute best flavor and texture. It’s perfectly balanced, and will have you reaching for another chip. If you’re looking for measurements, they can all be found at the end of the post.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure it’s softened so you don’t have lumpy dip.
- Sour Cream: Full-fat sour cream adds a touch of tang to balance out the richness. You can also use Greek yogurt as a substitute.
- Mayonnaise: Mayo binds everything together, creating that perfectly smooth and dippable texture in your blue cheese dip.
- Black Pepper: Adds some warm spice. You can also use paprika or even a little bit of cayenne for more heat.
- Garlic: Because you can never go wrong with garlic. I used garlic powder, but you can also swap in some chopped fresh garlic for a bolder bite.
- Bacon: Six slices of cooked and crumbled bacon for meaty, salty goodness. I like to use precooked bacon for easy prep.
- Blue Cheese: The star of the show! Blue cheese adds that distinct tangy flavor that is so delicious.
- Fontina or Cheddar: A cup of shredded fontina or white cheddar cheese makes the blue cheese dip ooey-gooey and adds a beautiful golden brown coating when broiled.
- Green Onions: Chopped green onions add a pop of color and a subtle onion flavor to every bite of this blue cheese dip.
Let’s Make Blue Cheese Dip!
Grab that baking dish and get ready to make the perfect party appetizer! It only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. The perfect yummy dish to make last minute! All you need are your favorite dippables, whether they’re fresh veggies, crackers, chips, or flatbread.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip Mixture: Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, black pepper, garlic powder, crumbled bacon, blue cheese, and ½ cup of shredded fontina cheese to a large bowl.
- Add to Baking Dish: Mix until well combined and transfer into a small baking dish.
- Layer Shredded Cheese: Top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded fontina cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Broil: Broil for 2 minutes to brown the cheese on top. Watch it closely so it doens’t burn!
- Add Garnish: Remove from oven and garnish with blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onion.
- Enjoy: Serve hot with crostini, chips, and veggies.
Variations To Try
Dips are a favorite of mine because I can make them exactly how I want them! Depending on what you serve them with, it can be different every time! Here are a few ideas to switch up this blue cheese dip.
- Add Chicken: Add cooked shredded chicken to this dip to make it more filling. Shredded rotisserie chicken is another great option. I love adding protein to dips because it makes them heartier.
- Switch up the Cheese: Blue cheese is the star of the show in this recipe, but switch the fontina or white cheddar with any white cheese. Mozzarella would be a great alternative. Parmesan and Gruyere cheese would also be delicious in this dip.
- Drizzle with Buffalo Sauce: We all know blue cheese is made for buffalo flavors. Drizzle the top of this dip with buffalo sauce before serving.
- Dipping Ideas: The recipe suggests serving this dip with crostini, chips, or veggies, but let me be more specific! Serve with ANY vegetables, you really can’t go wrong. This dip is also delicious with cubed bread, any kind of crackers, or pita chips.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Blue cheese dip makes great leftovers! Save it for a snack throughout the week. It’s delicious reheated and enjoyed with fresh veggies. It’s too good of a dip not to save leftovers! Follow my tips below for storing and reheating this blue cheese dip.
- In the Refrigerator: Once the dip has cooled, store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It can last up to 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat this dip in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until warmed through. Or microwave it on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
Pin this now to find it later
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, black pepper, garlic powder, crumbled bacon, blue cheese, and ½ cup of shredded fontina cheese to a large bowl.
Mix until well combined and transfer into a small baking dish.
Top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded fontina cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Broil for 2 minutes to brown the cheese on top. Watch it closely so it doens’t burn!
Remove from oven and garnish with blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onion.
Serve hot with crostini, chips, and veggies.
Serving: 0.25cupCalories: 385kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 13gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 624mgPotassium: 161mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 795IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 247mgIron: 0.3mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.