1. Yesterday, Croatia played against Belgium at the Ahmed Bin Ali Stadium. The match ended in a 0-0 draw as neither team scored. Due to this, the Belgium team lost the opportunity to the next round and left the series. In a press conference, Belgium coach Roberto Martinez announced his resignation following his team’s relegation. The 49-year-old has been coaching Belgium since 2016.
2. In the match between Argentina and Poland yesterday, Argentina won 2-0. In the match, Alexis McAllister scored in the 46th minute, despite Messi missing a penalty chance. His father, Carlos, played for Argentina along with the famous footballer Marodana. His son, Allister, is playing for Argentina in the ongoing World Cup under Messi’s leadership.
3. Yesterday, Morocco and Canada played in Group F at the Al Dumama Stadium. Morocco scored 2 goals in the first half of this game. Canada scored only one goal. At the end of the game, Morocco won 2-1. With this victory, Morocco qualified for the knockout round of the World Cup for the second time. The team had previously qualified for the knockout round for the first time in 1986.
4. Yesterday in Group E, Spain and Japan clashed at the Khalifa International Stadium. Japan won the match 2-1. Japan had just 17.7% possession. Never before in World Cup history has a team won a match with such a low Ball Possession percentage. The winner of this match, Japan, and the loser, Spain, qualify for the next round.
5. In the Round of 16, Argentina and Australia will face each other. In this case, Australian team player Dejnik’s comment about Messi is going viral. ‘I like Messi too. He is the best player in football. But dancing with him is not all glory. He is also an ordinary man. We are proud to play in the round of 16’.