Process to Install virtual box windows 11 in a virtual machine using Windows 11 ISO image:
- While installing a new Guest OS, Select the OS type as “Windows 10 and later x64”.
- Before starting the installation, Configure default settings of Virtual Machine to be created in-order to match the minimum system requirements for Windows 11, windows 11 cloud Check here https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-11-specifications
- To configure Processor and RAM requirements : Go to Guest VM settings -> Processors & Memory.
- For Storage memory: Go to Guest VM Settings -> Hard Disk -> Increase the Disk Size as per minimum requirement.
- Enable UEFI, Secure Boot capable: Go to Guest VM settings -> Advanced
- With regards to Microsoft’s minimum requirement of TPM, there are three ways to install Windows 11.
- Use the Software feature by updating the vmx file:
- Before starting the installation process. Edit the vmx file for the newly created VM and add managedVM.autoAddVTPM = “software”
- After editing the vmx file, you need to restart Fusion/Workstation/Player.
- After restarting, start the Guest VM and let the installation process continue.
- Enabling Encryption on Guest VM and then adding vTPM device. Please note this will encrypt complete VM. (this can only be done on VMware Fusion and WS Pro, as Workstation Player doesn’t have support of TPM device)
- Passing TPM check. It’s the only way to run Windows 11 ( microsoft w11 ) on Workstation Player and this will work on Workstation Pro and Fusion as well.
This evaluation virtual machine includes:
- Window 11 Enterprise (Evaluation)
- Visual Studio 2022 with the UWP, .NET Desktop, Azure, and Windows App SDK for C# workloads enabled
- Windows Subsystem for Linux enabled with Ubuntu installed
- Developer mode enabled
- Windows Terminal installed